Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Get Fit!

After some serious contemplation over the past few weeks I have decided that I need to hire a personal trainer. No, ladies and gentlemen this does not mean that I am fat. At 5'4" and 110 pounds I'd like to believe I am anything but. For self confidence issues and really needed something positive in my life right now, I am doing this for me! I want to get in shape and look good no matter what I wear; tuxedo or birthday suit. Get my drift?

I asked around to some industry friends in my area and was referred to Alan Boetticher of, Alan's Body Revolution/Albany NY Fitness! I sent over an email and he responded promptly. We both have busy schedules be we finally agreed on a date and time and met up yesterday afternoon. I have to say, he was a breath of fresh air. You know how you're always nervous that people are going to be sketchy and weird? Well Alan was nothing like that. He was easy to get along with and very kind. He asked me personal questions about my health and did not judge me based on my answers. Alan really seemed to care about me as a person and a client. After the meeting I was so thrilled it was a definite, SIGN ME UP! And now, we start training in two weeks. I am pumped.

Now most people have specific body goals when they hire a personal trainer, I however am more focused on gaining a positive body image. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see. And I'm not about to develop an eating disorder to get there. I see what they do to people, so I'm trying to take a healthier approach. This industry is tough, and people can crush you if you let them. The trick is to not take everything to heart and always try to see the best in yourself. Knowing this in my brain is a lot easier than knowing it in my heart. If I have to choose a goal for my body it's to drop a couple inches from my waist and also hips. I want to fit nicely into a size 2/3 with no love handles hanging there as an eyesore.

I'll keep you updated with my progress along with other fun posts about my life! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment